Your Number

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes: I will quit coaching if it does not work out

The ex-Red Devils star admits that if he's not suited to the role he will have no problem giving it up but is willing to give it a try after 17 years as an Old Trafford player

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has revealed he will quit football coaching if he finds he is not up to it.

Scholes retired from the game following Manchester United’s 3-1 defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League final in May after playing 17 years with the club.


The former England international was then offered a coaching role with United by boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The midfielder admitted he hadn’t thought about his future after he retired until recently as he believed he could still fulfil a role for the Red Devils. He also revealed his options were restricted to football in terms of his working knowledge so he feels duty-bound to give it a go.

"A couple of years ago I felt like my career was never going to end, so you don't think about what to do in the future in the same way as I have done over the past six months," Scholes told Inside United. "Football is the only thing I know a little bit about so I am going to give the coaching a go. If it doesn't work or I am not very good at it I won't carry on doing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment