Your Number

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Phil Jones enjoying the 'rollercoaster' of life at Manchester United

England Under-21 international taken aback by move to the Red Devils and hopes to force his way into Sir Alex Ferguson's first-team plans but knows it will be hard work


Phil Jones has admitted he was surprised by how quickly his move to Manchester United from Blackburn Rovers came about.

The defender moved to Old Trafford in June for a fee reportedly in the region of £16 million (€18.5m) but Jones has revealed no one was more surprised than him about the transfer.

"It has all happened so quickly," he told Inside United. "I am 19 and I did not expect so much to occur at such an early stage of my career. I am just riding the rollercoaster at the minute and enjoying everything.”

The England Under-21 international is eyeing a place in the United starting lineup but he admits he will have to work to get into Sir Alex Ferguson’s first team plans.

"I did play every week at Blackburn and want to do the same at United," he said. "But I am a realistic person and I know that is not going to happen with the quality of player we have here. As I improve and show good performances in training, hopefully I will get an opportunity and will take it."

No comments:

Post a Comment